Swimming is not a natural form of locomotion, and as a result technique can be more important than physical strength and fitness. Effective swimming involves the use of the whole body working with the water, not fighting against it.
PT Paddles are designed to help you find and develop your Perfect Technique in the water. The proper use of the paddles will improve the technical aspects of your stroke:
o) Increase Coordination
o) Build Core Strength
o) Create a "Feel for the Water"
o) Maximize Distance per Stroke Features & Benefits
Remove the Hands and Increase Body Awareness When Swimming
How they Work:
- Perfect Technique Swimming Paddles
- Concave Shape
- Removes the hands, forcing the swimmer to focus on other parts of the body to generate propulsion and build proper muscle memory
- Early Vertical Forearm
- Enter the catch phase earlier with more strength from forearms and hips
- Develop Strength
- Strengthen elbow, forearm and core
- Enhance Feel For The Water
- Remove the paddles to re-engage hands and feel a stronger catch
PT Paddles are shaped to deflect water around your hand, effectively removing the hands from the swimming equation. By removing the hand as a paddle, swimmers have to find other methods of generating propulsion.
Because your hand can no longer 'grip' the water, your body will need to adjust your stroke. The elbow is positioned higher, the hips roll a little further, and the forearm is activated earlier, allowing you to catch and pull yourself through the water.
Wearing the PT Paddles overtime increases your body awareness and muscle memory. Then when you swim normally without the paddles, you will feel stronger and faster in the water.